When you set up Windows, you were required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to set up your computer and install any programs that you’d like to use. Once you finish setting up your computer, we recommend that you create a standard account and use it for your everyday computing. If you create new user accounts, you should also make them standard accounts. Using standard accounts will help keep your computer more secure.
1. Open Control Panel by clicking on Start menu > Control Panel.
2. Click on User Accounts icon.
3. Click Manage another account. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, just type password or provide confirmation.
4. Click the account you want to change, and then click Change the account type.
5. Select the account type you want, and then click Change Account Type.