Ever see something on your screen that you’d like to email or save for later? WithMicrosoft Windows XP, you can take a screen shot and capture an exact image of what’s on the screen.
To take a screen shot and save it as a picture
1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
2. Click Start > Accessories > Paint.
3. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
4. When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.
You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.